Peterhead Projects Limited is a social enterprise company - owned and led by members of the community - and limited by guarantee.
It was founded in February 2009 to initiate new projects in our community and received initial core funding from Aberdeenshire Council until 2011.
The company now relies on its own projects for self sufficiency and to further its aims the company requires to generate income through social enterprises, with all profits made being re-invested in the community.
Headed by new project development manager Ken Duncan, Peterhead Projects is looking for community involvement to identify new initiatives to be undertaken both in Peterhead and the wider Buchan community.
Among our current projects are the 2ReUse recycling facility based up at Berryden Road, The Trading Post shop on Marischal Street and the Lido Caravan Park.
Generous funding from Fairer Scotland continues to provide us with a social regeneration development officer - Simon Bedford recently taking over the post on a two-year contract.
Furthermore we are delighted to have received funding from Community Spaces for another two-year post - this time for a new community woodland officer - Lewis Swales - who joined us in October 2014.
The aims of Peterhead Projects are:
- To improve and promote Peterhead town centre
- To create projects that provide benefits to the local economy, community and environment in the AB42 postcode area
- To relieve unemployment, principally among residents of Peterhead and district through the diversification of the business base
- To improve the employment prospects among the residents of Peterhead and district and the profitability of businesses through the provision of work-related training courses
- To improve the built and natural environment of Peterhead and district
- To remain self-sustaining
Our vision is to improve and promote the town of Peterhead and its surrounding area. Acting as a channel for activities we will provide social enterprise solutions for regeneration, sustainability and civic pride for the benefit of future generations.