We would like to invite you at take part in the Buchan Local Community Planning Group survey, a chance to voice your views and help identify the issues facing Peterhead and its town center.
To find out more and take part please click here.
Peterhead Projects Limited is a not-for-profit social enterprise company. Owned and led by members of the community, it came into being in February 2009 to initiate new projects in our community. Actually, this title could easily be "Who Are Peterhead Projects"? We've a video at the bottom of this page to help explain.
Previously the company received 'core funding' from Aberdeenshire Council until 2011. We now rely on our own projects for self sufficiency and to further our aims the company requires to generate income through social enterprises. All profits made are returned back into the community.
Our 2ReUse Project is now generating a decent income for us, whilst our Gift Shop and seasonal car boot sale are helping to contribute. We continue to work on the development of other ideas, but medium and long term.
The aims of Peterhead Projects are:
- To improve and promote Peterhead Town Centre
- To create projects that provide benefits to the local economy, community and environment in the AB42 postcode area
- To relieve unemployment, principally among residents of Peterhead and District through the diversification of the business base
- To improve the employment prospects among the residents of Peterhead and District and the profitability of businesses through the provision of work related training courses
- To improve the built and natural environment of Peterhead and District
- To become self-sustaining
Our Vision is to improve and promote the town of Peterhead and its surrounding area. Acting as a channel for activities we will provide social enterprise solutions for regeneration, sustainability and civic pride for the benefit of future generations.
Dim lights Embed Embed this video on your site